Saturday 16 November 2019

‘Tender is the Night’ - poem




Tender is the Night

Oh, tender is the night
in nihilistic ramblings
under the cloak of the white
moth - Mother?
Oh, harmful is the touch,
in senseless probings
over the plain surface of
forgetfulness.

Tell me, how could I
forget the one, the one,
who was everything to me,
who had a name then,
who harmed me,
who touched me,
who was there.

In restless writhing agony,
the predator raises
his head and rises
above all,
above me.

I was.
I felt the world so deeply
under your cloak,
Mother.

                     Robert Faeth
                   
#robertfaeth, #painterinBerlin, #paintings, #art, #bookblog, #bookreviews, #literaturelover, #poem, #poetry,

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Old God's Time“ by Sebastian Barry - review

  “Old God's Time” by Sebastian Barry: It is somewhere in the middle of the 1990s in Dalkey at the Irish sea and widower Tom Kettle, f...