Wednesday 10 March 2021

My flowers are reflected In your mind - poem

 

My flowers are reflected

In your mind

As you are reflected in your glass.

When you look at them,

There is nothing in your mind

Except the reflections

Of my flowers.

But when I look at them

I see only the reflections

In your mind,

And not my flowers. 

...


from ‘The Florist Wears Knee-Breeches’Wallace Stevens’ (1879-1955):



                                                                              https://robertfaeth.de/_Congrat-2018-19



#robertfaeth, #painterinBerlin, #painting, #art, #bookblog, #bookreviews, #literaturelover, #poem, #poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Old God's Time“ by Sebastian Barry - review

  “Old God's Time” by Sebastian Barry: It is somewhere in the middle of the 1990s in Dalkey at the Irish sea and widower Tom Kettle, f...