Wednesday 8 January 2020

‘I Knew’ - poem




I Knew

Peeling off like wet skin 
from a wound you inflicted. 
You had to, didn’t you?
You couldn’t just pass me by,
harming me in not noticing,
harming me in not harming me?

I still feel wet sometimes,
the lost, translucent wetness that I liked 
so much, then,
when you and - was it really me?
put arms and limbs and 
milky threads around our web
of homeless clouds.

I flew then, I knew, how.
I sank then, under the bow
of our boat, so lovely,
so full, so achingly brave,
so far away, so remote now.
I drank then, I gulped then,

I breathed then, I knew.

                      Robert Faeth

#robertfaeth, #painterinBerlin, #painting, #art, #bookblog, #bookreviews, #literaturelover, #poem, #poetry,

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Old God's Time“ by Sebastian Barry - review

  “Old God's Time” by Sebastian Barry: It is somewhere in the middle of the 1990s in Dalkey at the Irish sea and widower Tom Kettle, f...